Vacancy for Associate Lawyer – Khartoum
SCLO has a vacancy for a lawyer in our Khartoum Office to commence as soon as possible.
We have an opening for a first-rate Lawyer with general commercial and corporate law, ideally with 3-5 years’ experience in commercial law/commercial litigation. It is essential that the candidate has a strong academic background(minimum 2:1 degree or equivalent standard) with excellent written communication and drafting skills. The successful candidate will also have outstanding technical skills, together with the ability to build relationships with clients and colleagues and work well in a team.
The role will include:
• Conducting in-depth research across a wide range of focuses including practice-specific areas of law, business intelligence, public records, legislative history, and news/media.
• Representing clients before Sudanese courts and arbitration tribunals
• Enforcing judgments and awards including foreign judgments and awards
• Commercial registration procedures
• Drafting legal advice and opinions
• Managing and developing client relationships
• Preparing and drafting legal reports and conducting due diligence
• Case management
• Actively participating in business development/client events.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Sudanese qualified lawyer with a specific interest in commercial and corporate transactions.
• Keen to handle a range of commercial and corporate matters, litigation and alternative dispute resolution procedures, producing high quality work atall times
• Substantial knowledge and experience of using electronic information sources and IT applications
• Excellent academic record
• Excellent command of the English language both spoken and written.
• Strong technical and commercial abilities
• Able to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual
• Highly effective communicator (both orally and in writing)
• Able to take on a high degree of responsibility and manage a challenging workload
• Committed to providing an excellent service to our clients
• Proactive involvement in business development and knowledge management
How to Apply:
If you are dynamic, determined and looking for a firm where you can develop your skills, join us on our journey. Please Email Your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. Please note, due to the high volume of applications, it will not be possible to respond to each application individually. Only applicants short-listed for an initial telephone interview will be contacted. We welcome applications from all sections of society.
Sudan's removal from the list of states sponsoring terrorism