The target was one of the largest pharmaceutical factories in Sudan; Ellie Pharmaceuticals. SCLO represented Hikma Pharmaceuticals a LSE listed company.
SCLO's involvement in this transaction included the following:
- Forming a Sudanese private limited liability company (the purchaser) which is wholly owned by foreign companies;
- Rendering many legal opinions regarding some aspects of Sudanese investment law;
- Carrying out full legal due diligence-advice on registration of foreign capital in Central Bank;
- Advising on intellectual property specifically trademarks;
- Advising on corporate finance structure;
- Negotiating on behalf of the purchaser the terms of the SPA;
- Transferring of trade marks to the purchaser;
- Advising on the regulatory issues relevant to the Pharmaceutical industry in Sudan; and
- Transferring of title of land to the purchaser.